Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Midweek Confessions


 
Thanks to the blog E, Myself, and I, I have learned about Midweek Confessions.  A fun little way to share the parts of my life with you that I otherwise would keep totally secret.  For example:

1. I only wash my hair once a week (sometimes one and a half if it starts getting those gross, white flakes in it).  Those of you longing for curly hair...please stop.  No one is born with beachy waves...those are man-made, God-made curly hair is more like a cotton ball, teased with a comb, and doused with glue.   Therefore I either have to spend 45 minutes with a blow-dryer (not happening...it would take away from my Pinterest time) or scrunch it with handfuls of mousse which usually works, but sometimes leaves me with a half-curly, half-awkwardly wavy head.  My solution: Wash, air-dry, wear in a messy bun (so glad they are finally cool!) and repeat one week later.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

2. Yesterday I ate 1/2 a box of Cheez-its...the Chipotle Zinger ones...I couldn't help it, they were amazing!  I, however, have a gluten sensitivity (which is the doctor's way of saying "I have no idea why you have so many stomach problems, why don't you join the bandwagon and avoid gluten.")And I fully know that eating Cheez-its will wrack my insides...but do I care?  Apparently not yesterday, because like Eve, I knew the consequences of changing my diet, but I was fully ready to accept my fate.  And like that darned apple, those cheez-its were fabulous...the whole 1/2 box.  And I spent the rest of the evening regretting my fateful choice...but it was kind of worth it...I mean, they were amazing!

These are currently 2 for $5.00 at Meijer...so I have another box in the cupboard.
3. Speaking of yesterday, I had a slight suspicion that one of my cats might have peed in the basement...disgusting, I know.  I love my kitties, but seriously...why is their pee so foul.  Of course, instead of searching for the offending spot, I did what any excellent homemaker would do and Febreezed the heck out of the carpet and couches.  Problem solved.

It's highly likely that Leo was the offender.  Yes...we dress up our cats...don't judge.

4. Finally, Chris was out of town last night, but I figured why waste a perfectly good glass of wine...so I drank...alone.  If that's not depressing enough, I sent the kids to bed and had a second glass. ALONE. ON A TUESDAY.  Where is my self-control!! Oh, that's right, it's buried deep in a 1/2 eaten box of Chipotle Zing Cheez-its and camouflaged by a healthy dose of Febreeze!

This is not the wine I had last night...obviously Chris is home in this picture...and, I was too busy actually drinking the wine to stop and take a photo of it.

Anyway, that's the real happenings in my small town life this week.  I'd love to hear about yours...and I promise...no judgment! (You know you can trust that statement from a girl who cleans with Febreeze).

Small Town Girl <3>


No comments:

Post a Comment